Friday, September 3, 2010

Die with a T: The Master Anxietists Weight Loss Goals Pt 2

Continued...
My first attempt to actually follow this meal plan was to make some ahi tuna filets for my protein. Never cooked Ahi tuna, nor any fish for that matter, but I watch Hell's Kitchen and Chef Ramsey always donkeytizes his contestant chefs (using this word lightly) for under cooking the fish. "It's Raw!!", he screeches on a regular basis. I won't let you down Chef!! I will cook this Ahi Tuna until it is completely cooked all the way through!! Got my pan good and hot, seared that tuna a beautiful golden crisp on both sides then lowered the heat to allow it to cook ALL THE WAY THROUGH. Nice internal tan tuna color. Yes, yes..I had...damaged it beyond repair. I plated my tuna with the consistency of industrial truck tires and attempted to chain saw off a piece. It appears that Ahi tuna is mostly served raw with that nice sear on each side. Fillet Mignon of Tuna and I had turned it into solid rubberized block of nearly impenetrable, never to decay, fish sculpture. The overcooked rubbery consistency of calamari had nothing on my tuna, but I ate it. Probably worked off a ton of calories just chewing it. I do have to say on my second attempt, after realizing my grievous mistake, my ahi tuna fillets were to die for. Melt in your mouth goodness. Hubby, an associate of his and I nearly finished off a whole fillet because we couldn't stop eating it. Btw, the two fillets I bought were supposed to make enough meals for 4 days.

The main point is that the meal plans weren't really for me. I do most of the cooking and hubby isn't really a fan of veggies. he doesn't like cheese either which makes cooking fun too. Cheese was a no-no on the meal plan. Foods with a high fat or sodium level were unmutual and therefore banned. I still wanted to give this eating more often idea a chance. I could understand my body's need to hoard the energy (aka fats, sugars, and carbs) if it thought that it wasn't going to get any for awhile. I would do the same thing. It reminds me of an old game show I used to watch called "Supermarket Sweep" where contestants had a certain amount of time and they had to go crazy in the supermarket grabbing tons of food because the one with the highest total grocery receipt won. I am smart and though most of us won't admit it, I know what I eat in a day and how much I over eat in a day. So, I modified the meal idea to allow me to eat the food I cook normally. Just eat much smaller portions more often and supplement with a small lake of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment