Friday, September 3, 2010

Die with a T: The Master Anxietists Weight Loss Goals Pt 1

Started to TRY dieting before embarking to Las Vegas for hubby's conference on July 11th. Tried to Exorcise (aka exercise for those who have a ton of weight haunting them) by walking much more than I usually do and eating less. Didn't have any significant results except being able to walk further. Any weight loss came from the hoard of mosquitoes that would enjoy my company on a regular basis. Veritable juice bar on legs with my anemic bleeding hanging out the welcome sign.

Anyways, in the beginning of August, this year (2010), I saw a weight loss plan on late night infomercials. It was by Michael Thurmond. Always skeptical because of my late night lack of resistance to scams because everything seems wonderful when you are half asleep if not more from their super-hyper-omg-this-makes-me-even-more-tired promoters. Horrors of buying anything you don't absolutely need from television or the internet always overcomes their sales pitch in my book, I looked for some information about this weight loss scheme online. Much to my now peaking interest, there didn't seem to be many bad reviews. It appeared to work if you were willing to follow the strict plan. Strict Plan = Scary in my mind. Continuing to want to be talked out of dieting, something I think everyone really wishes someone would do when they decide to start one, I looked to my favorite place to find things I am interested in but not enough to consider engaging the hoarding mechanism; the library. They did so happen to have a couple of books on this diet plan so I requested them and with the obligatory transit time, arrived to check out.

The diet plan was a very fascinating book. Reading books is another agony to me but I was able to skim chapters and actually understand the idea of the program. Found my body type by doing the quiz at the beginning. I was the big round bulbous body one with the lousy metabolism (which apparently most people are) or "A" for short.
The diet plan was open but complicated. Never like the 2 ounces of this and a milligram of that but did like the idea of eating every 3 hours. I attempted to garner what the whole idea of this specific diet was and it seemed to me that they were trying to convince your body that it was not hungry and didn't need to store fat and that you weren't going to give it any fat in case your body was hard of hearing or something. Took away the "fat makes fat" idea. It made sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment